Friday, October 31, 2014

On a Stick

Walking home from Dagis now has the added excitement of being dark, as the clocks have gone back now. She walks along with me sometimes, holding my hand and pointing at things.

"Lights on," she said, pointing at the streetlights.

"Yes they are," I agreed.

"Moon!" she said, pointing down a street at a wintery crescent just over the top of Skansen Kronan.

"Yes it is!" I said. "It's just over the hill, look!"

She pointed at it. "Freja get moon," she said.

"It's very far away, sweetie," I said, cringing mildly because I'd called her 'sweetie' again, which I try not to because it's a revolting word.

"Pick up," she told me. I did. "Freja get moon," she repeated, reaching again.

She certainly knows what she wants, F. If only I was a bit taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment